My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 1 March 2013

Friday

March has roared in. It is 5 C here in Edmonton, it was 1 in Vegreville. I know to some of you that is cold. To us it is not and the snow has turned Edmonton into a slushy mess.

Slushy mess, lol, so I joined COSTCO a couple of weeks ago and they have a gas station. I used it the first time a couple of weeks ago too. When I was finished filling up I went to wash my windows and headlights, as they were both filthy. they didn't have the squeegee or any water.

After I picked up the new lens for my camera.....oh it's nice. I went to COSTCO and bought some food and went to Customer Service about the squeegees. They agreed and told me to fill out a comment card.

Today I got a phone call from the Manager of the Gas Bar. He explained why they don't have anything. I explained how people have to go to another gas station to wash their windows and lights. This was all well and good, but he was not going to put any squeegees out there, he was just calling to follow up on my comment.....maybe I will comment again, and again......It is not that much cheaper than anywhere else and the reason was LAME.

Oh, I got the fisheye lens, got it for $500, saved $300 off being new, it is six months old. Still has 4.5 years of warranty. I am happy. I bought D3200 for Dummies too - it is a book for the iPad, so that I can really learn how to use the camera.

There is a meeting of a group I am part of in Las Vegas in September.....vroom vroom - I think I will work more overtime to attend it. At least for one night. I could stay at my favourite place, I am not staying at Luxor.

So get this, I work with a woman who is a list maker - I would say OCD but that may be pushing it. We had a meeting yesterday about two reports, the boss asked for them. She did hers her way and I did mine my way. From what I understand they were not going any higher up the food chain, so I was not as technical as she was. So anyway in her usual self she had us sit down and proof read the documents. She would sneak a peak over at my piece of paper and ready a defence against any errors. So she consented on some of the things to fix. When I brought up other errors like content, it was like I said the Earth revolved around the Sun.

Then we did my report, she kept saying over and over that it was not professional and it could not go higher up the food chain without a MAJOR re-write. I fixed all the errors in 15 minutes and scrambling. A co-worker noticed that she was really hard on me - FINALLY.

So here is the good part, today I got an email from a contact, I will call him Deep Throat as I am not really supposed to be in contact with him. Even though he works for an organization I work with. So the email had a link to a site which we use.

The only problem was the site was public. We have the same information on a computer, stand alone, in a cabinet with a combination lock on it. Co-worker is the only one that uses it, although I have access. When she is in there, I swear we need to put up "Police Line Do Not Cross" tape. If she has to run to her desk for something, she makes me stop what I am doing and go guard it. But not look at what she's doing.

So anyway, today I got on the page with the same information as in the locked cabinet with my iPad. She was off today, this ought to be funny on Monday.

The dork didn't call. Did I think he would, no.

Tomorrow night is a bus trip into the city to go to Yuk Yuks with Kinsmen. It is a party bus, there and back. Free beers, well not really free. Will be fun!

The pics are of Starbucks and my house. I need to play more....later



No comments:

Post a Comment