My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 21 June 2013

Toronto Day 1

Well we made it on the flight, we had standby tickets and we didn't know till about 10 minutes before boarding that we were on 01:00 am flight, we were originally supposed to be on 10:00 am flight but it filled up. 

Tried to sleep on the plane, couldn't so wound up watching two episodes of Justified. The flight was a bit bumpy, all the rain causing turbulence. The poor people in Southern Alberta getting flooded out. I have friends in most of the affected areas. I have camped in Turner Valley and Longview. 

Took the bus from Pearson to Kipling station and then the Subway. We are staying just off Church Street, which is a great location. 

I tried to sleep at the place we are staying, but Robert and the host are long lost room mates and had some catching up to do. I guess I am still hyper from travelling. I got up and had to meet some of their friends before I took off. 

Every time I come to Toronto since I was old enough to go downtown by myself I have walked down Yonge Street from Bloor to the lake and then back up the other side. My Aunt lives on Wilson Avenue, which is on the Yonge Subway line, so it has not been hard to get to. 

Today I headed out and walked all the way down, I miss the Sam The Record Man store. They could have left the building and incorporated it into the new building. But they didn't. Queen to King Streets are sill kind of iffy, it is like Yonge Street dies after The Bay at Queen Street, and then starts up again at The Hockey Hall of Fame. 

I got some cool pictures with the iPhone and the Nikon. Today I guess I will still recover from lack of sleep. The Sun is out and I think I got some colour. 

Here are some pictures. The fisheye is handy at CN Tower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment