My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 13 September 2013

Where did Summer go

I know I haven't been updating this as much as I was before, but life happens. 

I am headed off on a road trip next week, to Jasper, Icefields Parkway, Lake Louise, Morraine Lake and the to Road to the Sun. I plan to go for a week.  I would leave today, but there is a firefighter golf tournament Saturday and overtime on Sunday. Extra money doesn't hurt. 

Bow Lake, last year. It is along Icefields Parkway


Lake Louise


Speaking of which, I worked OT in August and no cheque yet. Which is a pain as house insurance has expired, I want to pay it in one lump sum.  Taking a chance being uninsured, but.....

Speaking of taking chances, last night I left glasses, apple keyboard, and other bike stuff on bike when I went to a bar.  Someone stole a lot of stuff. Who does that?  Trained me for trip, Nikon will be with me at all times. So i went and bought new glasses, non name brand at MEC. I get back to bike and find my Oakley's. i guess it was too dark for the, to see them.  I didn't put them in their case, good thing, case is gone.

Work has been busy, I did my stats and I think my boss is going to ask how I could do the work of three for two months. I'll ask her how she can let 2/3 of unit go on holiday at once. Bad people don't take the Summer off lol

I am going ahead with the plan to dump my existing service providers, and switch to one.  I own my iphone 4s, but i think i will get an iphone 5s, on a plan from Telus as well as tv.  This saves me money, i will get 11gb of data, i am going to try just using phone and tethering for internet. Or i could dump cable and just use the internet. Save me a pile of money. Either way, someone is going to lose. I could save $50 to $90 a month. 

I have become a jock again, i run 4-5 a week and use gym 2-3 times. This has lead to 15 lbs. going away. Plan is another 15. I hang out at the Druid and drink Guinness. This beer is brewed the old way and has lots of stuff your body needs. Believe it on not, i run faster and longer. 
The glasses they didnt take :). Fields of gold

Morning fog

I am glad i have another keyboard at home. I really like those things. I hope the stealer uses it to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment