My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Anarchy free zone

After working my way through Anarchy, I am done with it. At least there is some substance and reasoned thought to Atheism and Vegetarianism. Anarchy is vapourware.

So today, I take the other rear light for my bike, the left rear signal light. I go to the store to have them order it's matching light, for the right side. The guy was on the phone, so I went looking at helmets. I have three, but I want one that is not full faced that you can wear on the highway. The shorty I have bounces up and down like a basketball. Yes it is the right size, it just as a limited amount of ability to tighten. I think it was not DOT tested, but it has the sticker.

So I am trying on helmets, I get to one that I sort of like. It isn't shiny white like Ponch's on CHIPS. I put it on and the lined moves independent of the helmet. The sales lady comes along and say it's because the helmet it too big. Well I can say that is not the issue, I have tried on more than one helmet and this did not appear to be right. She told me it was supposed to be that way...discussion closed. I stopped shopping for helmets there.

Helmets are mainly made in Asia now. I noticed that there is a sizing issue with clothes from those countries. They just stick labels willy nilly on the clothes. I bought an XXXL leather jacket in Pakistan, which fit like a large would in Canada. It was great comedy trying on the ones which normally would be my size. i.e. arms 12" long on an XXL

You could buy Leis there cheaper than Canada, if you could find your size. Tailor made stuff was a different issue, they were very good at that.

So I guess I stumbled into something. I think it was my last trip through Elk Island Park, the place with the hiding buffalo. I get a tingly kind of feeling there. So I was at the doc yesterday and guess what - that's where zero is. Elk Island Park and the Rockies, and Chicago. These places are my power zones. Basically these are go-to places when I am depressed or am feeling lost. Camera brought me there, and to the Rockies at Christmas.

A job came up in Ottawa again, after 4 cancelled boards I am not sure I want to go there again. Ottawa has a could of parks near it. But it has hellish Winters. I think I have decided to stay here. Besides my job is a great job and there are great opportunities after I retire.


No comments:

Post a Comment