My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 1 February 2013

01 / 02 / 13

Well I actually had a blog in draft from Saturday....it was a woe is me one. I was typing away like a mad man at Boston Pizza.

The issue was the trip to Edmonton the night before. I was at Woodys and basically one of the barflies, got between me and a guy I was watching a game with and managed to push me out of the way. I was going to hang out in the city that night, being my B-day weekend. I wound up going home.

I was at Boston Pizza to watch hockey as I have no sports channels. I turn them off when there is no sports to watch. Since hockey was on strike, I didn't turn them back on. It's a difference of $35 a month on Shaw. I figure cable is high enough, and I am paying for a whole pile of channels I don't watch, so why should I have mir otta be a law, oh yeah there is. The CTRC just doesn't enforce it.Soon we will have the day when we can pick what we want to subscribe to.

So I am watching the game, Edmonton is playing Calgary....the bar is packed. I was all set up, typing away and I lose some bar area to a guy who had no place else to sit. He was wearing a Flyers jersey, I hoped he wasn't cheering for the Flames. He wasn't, but this guy was a hockey nut. We talked for about 5 hours about hockey. My son could have done that, I have a whole pile of straight friends that could have done that. Not too many gay guys would be able to do that, and most of my women friends - well except for the lesbians, they would have facts this guy would not have even considered.

He sells jerseys on the side, I am getting a New Orleans Saints one, it will probably have Brees on the back, but I was hoping for Gleason - but they are pre-made I don't think they have Gleason.

Super Bowl and Mardi Gras in New Orleans - there will be a lot of worn out people there come lent. I sort of wish I was there, but I think it would be better to go to a regular Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest.

The radio station I was supporting WWOZ is not very organized. I hope they work through this. I stopped supporting them when they forgot to send me stuff. The lady said she re-sent it, about the 15th of November. All the Christmas stuff is delivered and I never got anything. I told here I'd even start my monthly donations again. Canadian money must be defective.

They authorized a ton of overtime at work, I am pacing myself. I went into the bike shop today and ordered a pile of parts to install on the bike. It is getting fixed anyway. I will have saddle bags and a sissy bar. I already have the bags, just need the supports for the side. I also ordered all the parts to fix the bike from when it was stolen. They dropped it and broke a few things.

I could have lied and got my speedo cable fixed, it broke 10 kms after the guy did the estimate. It might have been related, but I wasn't going to push it, its only $80.

Got propositioned to be on a committee. I was actually recommended by two Directors, one from our region and the other from a Western Region (aka BC). Probably will not happen, the bureaucrats in Ottawa like to be involved in this type of stuff, even though they do not have a clue what my co-workers and I do. They like our reports though.....I guess that means they know.

Tonight supper at a Vietnamese place, also going is Elisabeth (from Calgary) and a friend from Edmonton. We all have birthdays within weeks of each other, so we celebrate together. I am staying at the lady in Edmonton's house tonight. Back to town tomorrow, overtime of course on Sunday.

No pictures this week, it was fricken cold out there. Wednesday night it was -30C which felt like -40C - it is now -2C out there. There was a blizzard on the highway, which i managed to get through ok. The buffalo in the park were sitting down munching, with snow all over them. I would have taken a picture but that would have meant stopping on the highway, the shoulder was a snow bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment