My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 13 April 2013

The storm that wasn't

So since Wednesday everyone has been talking about the weather for the weekend. We are supposed to get 20cms of snow. This was why I went to get bike on Thursday.

Anyway, I drove into town for Nick's art show. He is graduating from College and the class had to put on a show. With the snowfall warning I decided to get a room. I went on Expedia and it looked like a lot of people had the same idea. I found a room at a hotel downtown: SCORE! I can park car and get blitzed.

I went to the room and had a shower, after I got a haircut. After shower I made my way out to the school. I looked around the school and saw some art. It was laid out kind of funny. The signage made no sense. Who knew there were classes on a Saturday....well now I know! They wanted me to ballroom dance. The cowboy boots'd scuff the floor.

I found Nick on the lower level with his Mom, his brother(s?) and a pile of cousins. A guy would know they were related, it was like a Nick convention. they all took off pretty fast after I showed up :).

We walked around and he showed me some of his art. I didn't see any rules on pictures, so I took some. At 4 o'clock there was some performance art. A friend of Nick had a bed set up and she was inviting people into it to have martini's and talk. The skit was hilarious, Nick was supposed to go up but the performer broke her glass and it cut her ankle. There was blood everywhere, I told one of her friends to elevate the foot, to slow down the bleeding. The school nurse was looking after her, said it was non-arterial. My job was done :).

After the performance which was cut short, Nick and I went down to where his bigger pieces were hanging. A guy had actually asked about buying the big picture. That's the one of him in black underwear on the bed. It is based on a David Beckham ad.

Nick and his gang of sisters were going to a bash afterwards. I took off and went to Woodys. I played with the camera and Batman.

Attached are pictures of the art and Nick. Batman too.

Oh, the guy bought the picture!




















No comments:

Post a Comment