My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 14 September 2012

A Friday Afternoon Blog

A story first, it never made it into the Nelson blog. I was at a Pub while I was there. This Pub was laid out like the city of Nelson, there were multiple levels and lots of stairs. Working there would be an aerobic workout. I was seated at a table on the second level, a couple of guys came in and sat on the 4th level. This happened to be close to me, but up.

I was eating. I heard whistling, I wasn't sure where it was coming from. Just someone was whistling.

After a bit I noticed the 4th level, I sort of knew it was there, but no-one was sitting there. Now these two guys were. The younger guy, was pretend playing a piano and whistling the notes. He was really good at this, if I must say.

He stopped and they continued talking. I couldn't hear what they were talking about.

About 10 minutes later I heard whistling again. The guy was now pretending to play a trombone and whistling the notes. He was really good at this. I don't know what song it was, maybe he was writing it.

I was anticipating the drumming. That would have been funny, but they drank up and left.

They drove there, in an old Triumph TR8, which was parked on the hill, facing towards the lake. It was funny watching the car backfire a couple of times as he put it in reverse to get out of the parking space.

On Sunday, after I got back, I went on a ride with the group in Edmonton. They were going on a trip to see big things.

In Alberta small towns erect gigantic things to attract tourists to stop. Vegreville has a pysanka (Easter egg), Andrew has a mallard. We saw both of them on our tour.

I rode into the city early to meet up with the gang. About 12 of us, 11 guys and one girl...she tried to keep us honest.

It was a good ride, after we settled the riding order. We had a Newburgh that didn't get the concept of formation. He was leaving enough space between him and the bikes in front of him for a semi. And cars did pull in there. The leader had to adjust his attitude. He went to the back, as he disagreed.

We got to all the attractions, I only have a few pics. These are the not so politically correct ones. The clam thing is a pyrogy, the phallic looking thing is a sausage in Mundare and the cod piece is in Smoky Lake.

It was a 600km ride and really a lot of fun. My speedo broke on way back home on Friday. So I have no clue as to how fast I am going.

Hi am in town tonight and tomorrow. Overtime on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment