My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 4 August 2012

On Call

I hate being on-call for the Fire Department on long weekends. There I said it. Here are the issues, in no particular order. They jump around

a) I am alone for 4 days
b) I can't ride my bike anywhere outside the radio reception zone (basically in town)
c) Usually it is dead as hell. If there was a fire, it would be ok.
d) There is no-one around.
e) You can't go to bar to play pool as there is no-one around and the radio is not the best in there. And you can't really drink more than one beer.

So I have done the household stuff and now I am bored. I have Sons of Anarchy which i could watch, but it is sunny and hot outside. So I'd rather not watch TV.

On-call started at 17:00 on Friday, fortunately for me my WIFI decided to screw up so I was on the phone and net with Shaw trying to fix it. I now know the router has channels. 11 of them an an Auto. do not use Auto if you have issues, it basically eliminates your WIFI.

After 4 hours Friday and 2 on Saturday I learned that I have to wait a week for Shaw to come out. The fact this is causing my data usage on Rogers, my cell provider, to go up is not their concern. It will be. It is their router and it is fucked.

After screwing with the router,I found a channel at .46 mbps (should be somewhere near 20mbps (notice the missing . in the second number)). The wifi of course is so weak, it doesn't make it to the back yard. So the ipad/iphone are switching back and forth like mad.

I had some fun with some friends on Facebook about the Olympics. I think I went too far with one friend. oh well. C'est ma vie, c'est tout fucké

Damn I had a whole other section of this blog with references to legislation and all kinds of stuff. I was impressed, it made it look like I know what I am doing. BUT it was too good. After seeing what social media can do to your career, it would not be a good idea to post it. I am not sure what the powers that be are searching for, but I am not giving them ammo.

Check this excellent blog out.......i know its heavy for a Saturday night....if that was too heavy, this is too funny

I am now going to watch Sons of Anarchy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment