My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 20 October 2012

First Day of Snow

What a week that was!

First I was sick for the first couple of days, a flu going around town. I was at work on Monday and just about passed out. Went home and slept. Slept a lot on Tuesday too. Better now.

I go the application in on the closing day for the Vancouver job, after hemming and hawing. I figured I could always turn it down, right?

So I finish that application and a friend in another office asked if I was going to apply on a job in Ottawa. I had looked at the poster and self screened myself. Then she told me more. Friday I spent half the day writing the cover letter.

Answering the questions I knew I had the experience. Writing the concise two paragraphs on each section was the hard part. The posting closes on Monday, I am headed into work tomorrow to fine tune the letter. Apparently I will be one of a short list of people applying for 5 jobs.

One thing I learned while completing these applications. My job is a hell of lot more important than I think it is. Not so much for the work, but for the training it gives you.

The Ottawa job would be good. I think it is time to move, there is nothing tying me down here. My son is on his own path and the rest of the family is not close. My dad actually lives close to Ottawa, so it would be good.

My best friend lives and works in Ottawa, she is always bugging me to get a transfer there. The issue is the jobs, they sound good until you get there.

Today was like Spring Cleaning, except it's Fall. I slept in, mandatory, no overtime and no reason to be up at the crack of dawn. I cooked breakfast, did laundry. Then I went shopping at the Wester Wear store in town. I got a pair of Wranglers, a shirt and a belt. I got a deal! The Canadian Finals Rodeo is coming up soon. I think I will go to it this year.

Yesterday, it was kind of warm. After work I decided to make room in the garage for the car. I started bike, which has not been started for a couple of weeks. I went to an auto parts store and got some fuel conditioner and then rode around town. Then I filled it up with premium and parked it on the side of the garage.

If your fuel is suspect, it has a bitch of a time starting in the Spring. I had to get gas line anti-freeze to help evaporate the water that was in the fuel. It two and some high test gas to get it going. I think I blogged about that in March.

So today, I headed into the city in my new clothes. I had my brown cowboy boots; which needed to get a heel fixed, it was not built for being used on a motorbike. The heel dragging on the ground cause the rubber part to come off the bottom. It was only glued on.. I also took a pair of sunglasses which were expensive in, a little screw came out about a year ago and a lens came off. I took both in, the boots were $35 to get fixed! I think I could have glued the rubber part on and then put nails in to make sure it stayed on. But shoe repairers are becoming rare. So I paid it.

The glasses got fixed for free!

I went to a music/DVD store. I had two TV series which were complete until some people borrowed a season. It has been a year and the guy that borrowed part of Rescue Me has not been around. Luckily, the missing parts of Rescue Me and The Shield were on sale.

It snowed today, it sounded like armageddon in the city. I guess the fearful were driving at 10-20 kms under speed limit, even though the snow was melting as it hit the ground. It is 16:00 now and there is hardly any snow left around. I wonder how many people called the motor association in a panic?

I bought a book from Amazon to read on my iPad. The Finish: The Killing of Osama bin Laden. I have read about 10 pages so far and it is good. I think I will actually read this one outside the gym.

The guy I met from Calgary is keeping in touch, sounds like I may be going down there again, he works every second Saturday, next week he should be off.

Argo was good, in fact it was great. A patriotic movie for Americans and Canadians. President Jimmy Carter didn't get credit for the rescue due to privacy. History looks kinder on him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment