My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 13 October 2012

Great day in October

The pics today are from earlier this week. Last Monday when I headed back home the Northern Lights were out. I saw them as soon as I was on the way out of Sherwood Park. The Lights are vain, they don't like competition from other lights.

Normally in a city, or town even, you can't see see them due to the incandescent and neon lights. But Sunday, they came out. They didn't care if there was other lights on, they wanted to show off.

The week at work was ok, a big meeting for brainstorming how we would be doing projects for the next year. I usually have lots of ideas, but get railroaded by people that don't want to change.

My co-worker is one of them. Due to some issues our work levels went down, significantly. Normally we are buried in work. So I started to clean some of the paper we had collected over the years. The boss was ok with this, as she wanted it gone. The co-worker was not. In the meeting the animosity showed. Oh well, this leads to another meeting on Monday. How we are going to do the projects. This otta be fun.

I haven't applied on Vancouver yet, still thinking about it. The closing d 18th. I probably will apply, may get a free trip for an interview. The job is at a higher level but nowhere near as interesting.

The bulb came for the TV! It was $200 total, but it works. I don't have to shop for a new TV just yet.

Today I worked overtime, for 5 hours and then came to the city. I was hoping the guy from the last blog would here, Headphones Guy (HG). But alas he is not. Bad, cause Argo is out and I was going to ask him to go see it. Such is my luck. Tomorrow I am scheduled to work overtime too, I don't think I will get into the city again till next weekend.

I am so so about the Fire Department. I have been busy all week with high profile work and lots of overtime, so I have had the radio off. This weekend it is off, due to overtime. I am not turning radio on during overtime. Apparently there was a call this morning at 08:00, the same time I started working. Oh well.

My reasons for being on the FD have not been met. I can saw I have a lot more people I know, and there is a sense of pride. But am I meeting friends? It is a small town with little to no life after work....except hang out at WalMart. The friends I did have, have all moved on. I am picturing a goal of becoming fully trained, but that will happen when I am 57. I'd get the certificate and then retire. The extra money every three months is nice.

A break may be what I need, six months in Vancouver?

My friend Greg in Wisconsin is having a bad year. Both of his parents have passed away, within 2 months of each other. Hugs Greg

I am starting to feel stronger and more self assured. But it is the lead up to the big depression Xmas. I have consoled myself that there will be no family events. I am setting my expectations realistically, therefore there is no disappointment.

The thing about Vancouver is there are not very many chances to get there. I could use this assignment to apply for jobs there.

Biden kicked Ryan's butt in the debate this week. That was a good thing. It felt uncomfortable, but last week Romney was beating up Obama and the moderator. So one had to expect a Democrat to dominate soon.

The best was afterwards, a magazine debunked paul Ryan's 6 studies.

http://t.co/poygjFXW

Take care have a good week. Sons of Anarchy is kicking butt this Season - just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment