My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 5 January 2013

Take the 5th

Slept till 13:00 and loved it! Did nothing last night, well I watched Abduction (not too bad), Avatar (got half way through, then got bored) I finished up with A Few Good Men - is that ever a good movie. Not spoiling the ending, but it is a tragedy. Jack's melt down as Col Jessup is classic. Cruise does a pretty good Jack impersonation too.

Three days of work, wow, why as short weeks longer than long weeks? Got through them. I was busy renewing things. I had some stuff at work to get ready for a new year. Then I had some home stuff. My Alberta Motor Association card is expiring, you'd think it would be easy to re-new. You'd think, I tried on-line, by phone, went in to do it today physically. As the lady said, why would they make taking money difficult?

Re-evaluating things, the guy that has corresponded for 2 months....well lets just say, stalking me is not going to change things. He was texting me at work, which I told him was a no no. He started to do stuff on sites which caused notifications to beep on my phone. He is about to get the 'Take a hike' email. One thing though, online guys, pick a name and stick to it. This guy now has Jim, Todd and Tyler as a name. Todd is the one he says is his real name, but he signed one of the texts this week with Tyler.

Sent an email to a cop friend who is retired, he is now a psychologist. Outlined some of my issues. He told me to get back to therapy. From what I was saying, he deduced I was suffering from depression. It comes and goes, but it always returns. As long as I get no pills!!!

Got a hair cut today, it still grows pretty fast. I went to the place on Whyte Ave and guess what, the only free chopper was the one from the last time. She must have completely forgot she did me before, cause she did the little speech about gong too short. Somehow telling her I had stubble before didn't register. So she starts with a 3 on top, and a Too Late now look on her face. When I told her 2 on the sides she gave up. I got a better haircut this time. The one that did my hair the first time at that place was smiling at me. I didn't get her name ....damn, you can make appointments.

Not sure about this blog, what the hell am I going to write about????? Well it is a new year.

I was in a discussion group on Facebook on Social and Political issues. That lasted till yesterday at noon. He is what happened.

In Canada there is a lady who is a on a hunger strike, till she meets the Queen's representative in Canada. Her name is Teresa Spence. She is camping in a traditional animal pelt tent on an island in Ottawa. I think it is on the Rideau River close to the Prime Minister's house. In my job I deal with foreign issues. I never have time to read about Canadian issues that don't effect me. This would not be something that would cross my desk.

So I went for lunch on Thursday to Subway. I grabbed the Sun, which is a tabloid type paper. Normally I don't read it. I normally just go on Twitter at lunch. Anyway, I read an editorial on Ms Spence and the writer's issues. In Canada, a newspaper is not allowed to lie. So anyway, I read the part and what I learned was she was drinking broth & tea on her hunger strike.

I commented on this on the Social site. I was immediately jumped upon for reading the Sun. It made whatever else I said suspect. So in order to calm them down, I searched for Ms. Spence and read only the Globe & Mail and National Post articles. They tend to be saner. Guess what??? The same information was there.

So I posted on the social site this information. One of the people with the strongest opinions, insulted me and then blocked me.

Then I asked for a definition of a hunger strike, it appears the definition has changed in the last few years. It is no longer the Bernadette Devlin, Nelson Mandela definition: no force feeding water, as we are Canadian. So on a hunger strike in Canada you are allowed to eat and drink. It is more 'Hunger Strike INO' - or a diet. I said this! Boy did I get beat up. The one that blocked me went ballistic, calling me a teabagger. I knew this as he comments although blocked on Facebook got emailed to me.

At work I tested my opinion, a guy I work with had been on a hunger strike in Burundi. He lost his family in that war. I asked if my definition of hunger strike was 'out there' he said no. Hunger strike means hunger strike.

Apparently I am not the only Canadian to have this opinion, an editorial in the National Post said as much as I did. They called it a diet too. Ms. Spence is not a slim woman. Apparently none of the doctors who are commenting on the effects of a hunger strike of 25 days have examined her.

Oh I also got beat up over the fact she wanted to meet with the Prime Minister for Two Weeks; not a day, not a week; two weeks. This was totally unreasonable in my opinion and it seems she and a few other people are confused as to who is the Queen's representative in Canada. The Governor General may have two weeks to meet with this lady.

I am over this, she is getting a meeting with Harper on the 11th. She will still be around, she has a fairly facilitative hunger strike which provides her with fat, protein and water.

Some more pictures from biking last week. These are from the Nikon, I have to say they are better than the iPhone pics. One of Thelma (Robert) too, I learned how fast the shutter speed is. He was talking as I was shooting.







No comments:

Post a Comment