My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 20 July 2013

One Month of Summer Gone

A good week and a better weekend. Work was hectic and it went by really fast as I was the only one doing the work in the unit. 

Monday  night the Fire Department had a Team Building exercise, Paintball. I got some head shots. I learned you can't aim the damn thing so it is best to blanket the opposition with fire for effect. Having been in the artillery, I was good at this. I managed to knock out a pile of guys before getting hit. 



Wednesday the power went off in town when a sub-station South of town had a transformer blow up. There was no fire call - Thank God. We can't go in there anyway, we aren't trained in high voltage. We'd go in there for rescue, but there'd be a power technician there. 

I left work early on Wednesday, I took leave, just my luck they'd close the office at 9:00 am, my boss would not let me cancel my leave. I am not sure how much I want to push this, as I couldn't cancel it by computer as they....were down. I told her before we left building and she kept saying "Approved leave". It was only three hours. 

The other side of the coin, she was doing a job similar to mine for the past 6 weeks. She had come to know what we encounter, so now she is working WITH me instead of against me. Better just suck up the lost leave. 

Friday night I did SFA. I watched 'That's My Boy' a terrible movie, it is like a train wreck though, once you start watching it, you can't stop. The family baseball game was hilarious though. 

Today I got up early, made breakfast and did my 60 pushups. I have been doing the pushups since May 2012, everyday. I have missed a couple of days, usually when I am hung over away from home. They are becoming easier now, I can feel the strength in my upper body. I usually do them before I even make coffee in the morning. 

Anyway, I had a camera club meeting at an auto wreckers. I had breakfast, grabbed bike. Oh, I picked up bike on Wednesday. I rode down 16 West to the Park and then North to the auto wreckers. The buffalo were out in force today, I have never been in the park before 10:00 am. The buffalo are fully rested and frisky. There were several occasions when I had to stop to study the guy, it was usually a male, standing on the side of the road, glaring at me. They can move pretty fast. I had to be sure I rode up to him slowly and then crank it. The first one moved, but my bike sound scared him and he went the other way. These animals can turn on a dime. I had to ride about 40kms through the park. There were 5 occasions where there were males lurking by the side of the road. This made me late for the camera club. 



I got to the auto wreckers and walked around taking pictures, it was a great opportunity to get up close and personal with the limos I have taken picture of outside the fence. 






After the auto wreckers I took off to Robert's place, he need me to take pictures of all of his stuff. He will be moving before October. I guess he will be getting rid of a lot. I better start downsizing, to make room for new to me stuff - ROTFL. 




I left his place around one and headed to the city and got a hair cut. One good thing happened, the bike had 187kms on it before I put fuel in it. The previous record was 170. 

Got a hair cut. 

On Wednesday I met a fellow bike rider at the Tim's on Whyte, he told me about a trip he is taking next year to Port Dover, Ontario. He wants about 10 riders, we"d ride there through Canada and back through USA. I think I may do it, it is in June. That means I won't be going to Pride in Toronto, but oh well. 

Some Canola and bike pics


No comments:

Post a Comment