My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Sunday 7 July 2013

Toronto Pride Parade

Geez, this is not my day.....this is the second time writing this - Blogger erased it, now I am writing in Pages.

Sunday 30 June was the Pride Parade in Toronto. I asked Thelma where he was going to go see it, he didn't know. He had some things to do before the parade, so I went off on my own. I went to Church on church, it was there that I had my first sighting of Justin Trudeau and Thomas Mulclair - politicians. The undercover cops were ..... and how did I know, a guy with jeans and an untucked shirt. the shirt was open and there was his belt, guns and all. 


Justin Trudeau to the Right


Thomas Mulclair on the right.


The OPP recruiting

I donated some cash to the church and then headed to get some breakfast and coffee. I knew there was a Tim Hortons on College and Yonge....Police HQ is 1/2 block away. 


May as well take pics while in a line-up

I got the breakfast sandwich and then headed to Starbucks to get a coffee and sit - no room to sit at Hortons. 


Two Dapper British guys who got to Yonge Street early, just like me. 

After I finished I walked up Yonge Street looking for a good place to watch the parade. I didn't find anything on Yonge, a guy I had met earlier on in the week said to watch it at Church and Bloor. I didn't want to watch it there as it turned a corner and it was also the start of the parade. I wanted them to get warmed up a little. So I found a place on Bloor, between Yonge and Church. When I chose it, I was in the shade. As parade time came the shade went away. 


Peter, on the right

I played with the camera, as I was really early. I was taking pics of myself, using the iPhone as a trigger. People started to fill in the space around me. An older gentleman named Peter stood next to where I would be, he told me to move over to the fence as people will come and take my spot. Sure enough.....

To the East of me was G - a straight girl, looking for love in all the wrong places. She had a whole troop with her, and I later learned a knapsack full of water bottles. She decided to try and hook me up too, as you will see in the pics. 

G - sitting next to me

Using telephoto before parade started.

Some guys had bigger ones than me

The parade started with bikes and then EMT's appropriate, as the bikers may need TLC :).



Thelma texted me just as the parade was going to start, he asked where I was and I told him. He told me I should move to Yonge Street. I said I was going to stay where I was. i went to the Dyke Parade on Saturday and knew that being third in was like hell. Especially if you wanted to take pictures. 

The parade lasted about 1.5 hours and lots of water came my way. Some of the pics  have water droplets on them, sorry. I had to switch lenses when I couldn't get a good shot with the fisheye. 

Yeah, G is the reason he is looking at me

Street Hockey, moving down the street
I told him he looked fabulous

G got some too, She flirted with this guy relentlessly

I forget the order of the floats.....enjoy

No they weren't playing In the Navy

The Firefighters came by with a truck, they weren't spraying water out of it. They were using water guns, I asked then where's the 38. They then soaked me. 


G called him over 

Transit cops - G needed more water 

I had a lot of fun, some lesbians came at me to soak me, saw my camera and just pumped water on my shorts, yeah...there. 

I got lots of swag, it was flying at you, along with the water. 

I had to head back to the apartment to get rid of stuff. 

I decorated Lana and had her smile....yeah, that's a smile. 

I was sure glad I only drank ginger ale the night before. The parade would not have been so much fun if I were hung over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment