My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Wednesday 15 February 2012

The 15th

Sitting at the Bullpen - it's Wings Night, every Wednesday. I have been coming here for the last 4 years. Hot wings and beers. It's a small town, need a break in the middle of the week.

Today was a good day. Last week I was on a Canada Labour Code Part II. I am the employee co-chair on the Workplace Health and Safety Committee. During the training we learned of some things 'we' are required to do. What the employer is required to do and what the staff / or anyone working have to do. Today was the first meeting after the course.

It was noted by me and some others that the committee is not being informed as they are supposed to be. There was an incident last Thursday, We may not be involved in correcting the issue, but it if affects workplace health and safety we have to be aware of it. There was some banter yesterday between a member of the committee and the management co-chair about it, with the result being it was a security issue. At the meeting today, the incident was not brought up until I brought it up. Then someone said they were going to bring it up when their turn came on the Roundtable. I said this isn't right, the committee should have been aware last Thursday or Friday, not today. The Senior Manager there agreed.

I really think they thought I was going to cause a tidal wave in the committee. I didn't, I stuck to the Code and it's direction. A productive meeting! Success!

I underwent a telephone evaluation test for French today. She I was better than half. We identified where I need training and they say I can be up to proficient in speaking in 20 hours (of classroom) They didn't mention the home work. I have to do this by the end of fiscal 31 March). So with the overtime on the weekends, the Fire Department and now the French lessons. I officially have no life.

It was warm again today, the bike looked mighty nice in the sunshine....vroom vroom.

Priced out the idler bearing and belt for the car - $312 - you know that squeal your car has, in cold weather ? It is the idler bearing. You don't want it to die on you, the belt goes, that's a given, then the water pump and the air conditioning. A bit more than $312. ergo the overtime.

Reading a really good book about mercenaries in Afghanistan. They even touched on the deep dark secret of the Afghanis and Pakistanis. Islam forbids single males and females to be together in a place. Sex could occur. Muslim teenagers are just as horny as the rest of the Worlds teenage boys. They need someplace to get rid of their angst - guess where, younger teenage boys and 12 year olds. This was not discussed openly in Pakistan when I was there, we heard about it, but it was just a given. In this book they identify the issue and then they go a step further, some Muslim men of power are actually homos. Despite all the hate for gay people in Iran and Saudi Arabia., they are not safe from gay people.

On Jon Stewart the other night there was a former FBI agent who worked on Al Qaida, pre and post 911. He has a book, I bought it on Kindle, it was cheaper than iBooks.

He explained Iran and it's issues. The country is 60% Persian; the rest aren't. They are surrounded by Turks and Pakistanis. They pretend they are the protectors of the Shia, but they sided with Armenia (Catholic) in a war with Azerbaijan (Shia). The US would be wrong to go into Iran, they should just let nature take it's course.

There - two days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment