My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Monday 27 February 2012

Monday - another day off

I am sitting in a cafe, near my house. Someone ordered Cabbage Soup. Nothing else in it, just cabbage. Ewwww

I walked in and a guy I don't recall ever seeing before goes, Hi Greg. I used my detective skills and figured out he worked for the local paper. I have been in the paper before, comes with the Fire Department job. Still kind of a shock.

Worked overtime yesterday, had a weird case. I can't give too many details, but a woman was immigrating to be with her spouse. How did she meet her spouse? I think she introduced him to her mother. Mother has since died and now the daughter is marrying him. It could happen!!! But this is not an abnormal thing for the country she comes from.

I did not watch the Oscars. Twitter and Facebook were a fire with the red Carpet stories. As I only know Levi's and Wranglers as designers, I cannot comment on the fashion parade. I really don't care. Well when they are wearing something really bad, it is not that I care. I just feel sorry for the celebrity that feels they need to bring that much attention on themselves.

The drive home from the city was great - there was a little bit of blowing snow. The roads weren't icy though. I got home and the blizzard seems to avoided the town. I shoveled for 10 minutes and my sidewalk was clear.

Having Green Tea. The Sun is beating down on my back.

The Sons of Anarchy is having a motorcycle rally in Los Angeles near the end of August. That appeals to me more than Sturgis. I could ride down, via Las Vegas and Palm Springs; do the ride and then return up the Pacific Coast Highway - probably all the way to Seattle and then head East. I really don't need to visit Vancouver again.

The picture attached was a big thing. A Marine greeted his boyfriend at the airport with a big kiss. The boyfriend is taller than him. What I like about the picture is everyone else in it, is oblivious. I sent an email of support to the Marine, I guess some people are slow to embrace change.

I worked overtime yesterday and there was an email that gave me a heart attack. Something about a reclassification. Turns out my supervisor was officially changed.

A fire call today - just a motor vehicle collision (MVC). I was extra so stayed at the hall, in case. While there I was speaking with a fellow fire fighter that likes to fix cars. He asked if I got idler bearing fixed yet. I said I was doing it this week. He asked how much. Anyway, he said he will do it Wednesday night, a lot cheaper than the shop. I am paying him a lot more than he would normally ask. But it is 2/3 of the shops' price. I was prepared to pay all of it.

The weather is cold after the snow. Hopefully this is the last of the cold. I want to ride my motorbike.

No comments:

Post a Comment