My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Monday 20 February 2012

Family Day?

It is Family Day in Alberta, well it is if you work for a Province based employer. If you work for a Federal Employer it is a regular work day. I wanted to take it off and spend time with my son. But.....

I try to be original on Twitter on certain days, this morning's tweet was 'Monday, I told you not to come back after the ruckus you caused the last time you were in my life.'

We are getting a new system at work and they chose today to train me (tomorrow as well). So I couldn't take it off. :( I am thinking of taking Friday and Monday off. I have to work overtime on Sunday, but I need the rest. I will be working overtime on the Sunday the next week too.

At work there is a process where you can take a long time off, you pay for it for a year. I took 5 weeks off last year and paid for it until last week. My pay cheque went up. On Friday the bank called and said if I paid $15 dollars my car loan will be paid off. The overtime is gravy, but I am lapping it up. Getting the urge to travel - bike (too far away until i could go), car - well at least I would have a car wherever i went or plane. It has to be a place I don't need a car, Las Vegas would be ok but most of California is out. Mexico.....es possible.

It is Mardi Gras tomorrow.....next year:)

I watched 'Weekend' on Netflix on the weekend...ironic. What is really weird is this film isn't even on DVD yet and Netflix Canada has it. It is a story about two guys that meet at a bar on Friday night and spend the weekend together. The acting is good. They are around thirty, I remember when I was 28 meeting a guy in a bar on Friday and we hung out all weekend. The thing that is common between the movie and I - the guy was taking off some place far away on Monday. I still smile when I think of Neil.

So with all the working and courses I have managed to build up a lot of stress. Stress causes me to be tired and not want to do anything. So I haven't gone to the gym since last Wednesday. This just makes the stress worse, it is like a hamster on a treadmill, except with out the running part.

Rick Santorum is taking the US to a place where I am not sure they want to go. He is questioning President Obama's theology. Obama's theology appears to follow Jesus's - I guess he is too liberal for Rick. Then Rick questions why Obama would put the Earth (no the World ) before man. Earth, the planet we all live on, the one that supplies us our food and water. I tweeted 'The Earth in the Big Scheme of things is more important than Man. Adam Smith kind of screwed that concept up '


Well I went to the gym today, got 3.5 miles in before it closed. Family Day grrrr.

The course is shit, I think I could do it in 3/4 of one day. I have a full day tomorrow. Then gym, then Fire Practice. Act of Valour starts Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment