My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 17 November 2012

The Fifth Season

I swear the first of November is the start of the fifth season of the Year. Xmas, people are in a panic because they don't want to be caught 'not ready'. The stores add to this, to them it is beneficial. If they can have people thinking they are never prepared, they sell more. Of course, I am a normal human being on 01 November, but as the Xmas spirit builds and the musak, and xmas parties start, I think the first ones are this weekend; and the ladies at work freak out cause December is way too busy....I start to hate this time of year. There rant over. BTW the Fifth Season would start November 1st and end January 1st.

I worked overtime today to get some extra cash for a trip. It sucks that Xmas is on a Tuesday, that means working one day, Xmas Eve and then two days off. I think I may take it off, the Eve. That way I can be on the highway after sleeping in and breakfast.

A couple of years ago I left Edmonton for Vancouver on Xmas Eve, I got to Revelstoke where I spent the night. Then I drove to Vancouver on Xmas Day. Fraser Canyon was freaking amazing, and I was the only car on it. It was like driving the motorcycle. That was the most memorable xmas I have ever had. This year, Jasper or Lake Louise, not sure.

Have a room booked for New Year's Eve, a party in the same hotel, Take the Elevator Home - great idea. I may stay there the 30th too. Not sure. Met a guy online, he lives NorthWest of Edmonton. He may come to E for New Years. We'll see.

How about Mitt Romney, nuff said. America dodged a bullet.

Not really depressed about Ottawa job, it is way colder there in the Winter than here. In Edmonton you get Chinooks, in Ottawa you freeze for 3 months. Still in the running for Vancouver....will I jinx myself.

Ironic, the guy in Ottawa that dumped the job, as not required is coming at the end of the month to see how our unit works. I am hoping for an illness, or an emergency trip to someplace hot. A group of higher ups are doing our presentations (we used to do them ourselves). I have trouble with scripts, especially when someone else writes them. They always get pissed off when I go wondering, or answer a question that is not on the script.

Gaza, it is like an 18 year old gay child. Dad is Israel and Mom is Egypt. Mom is staying silent, while dad cracks the whip. Dad has told little Gaza he's an adult and has to take responsibility for his actions. Dad won't approve of any of his dates, and chases them off. Dad decides what's for supper. Mom let's his scream for a bit, but then says 'Listen to your father'. Right now dad is tearing up all the stuff Gaza has made.

We practiced with burning pallets the other night. Got some good pics, it was -10 C but warm by the fire. I took some pics, they show my Movember stache.

There are way too many good shows on TV! Last Resort got cancelled, it's a shame, it was a good show. Not enought people watched it. Treme is winding down as is Sons of Anarchy.
I have cabin fever already! Maybe I am not ready to settle down

Water issues at the house. Normally I can live with a dripping tap, but all of them are dripping. My water bill was three times higher than normal. It turns out the toilet decided it wanted to leak too. Now I turn off the water after the cistern fills. The landlord was calling the plumber for the drips, now I have to add the toilet and the shower head, yeah water flies up from it.

I could learn to be a plumber.......nah - it's winter and I would wreck the place! Besides, I don't have the crack for it.

Bravo to the Occupy Movement in New York and New Jersey to show they are not good for nothing. They have been on the ground helping more dynamically than FEMA or the Red Cross. Romney wanted to get rid of FEMA and replace it...with vapour I guess. I have noticed that some high profile people with really bad hair have been vocal about how long it is taking, but they haven't put their business acumen to use. There is actually a movement to have Macy's drop his shirts made in Bangladesh by loving children and ties made in China. If you have some spare cash, support OccupySandy - real people will get the money, not administrators.

Well enough rambling, Druid for a Guinness and dinner and then the movie.





No comments:

Post a Comment