My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 8 December 2012

Saturday the 8th

Well this was a good week, at work. So so outside work.

The guy from up North had slowed down his chatting, He was supposed to be in town last weekend, but the issue with his shifts screwed that up. About Thursday I found out he was coming to Edmonton today. I asked if he wanted to meet up. Well I had told him about Town Xmas party, which was last night and volunteering today.

He said i'd be too busy to meet this weekend. I tried to same 'No I wouldn't' but I got the ignore. Heard nothing from him on Friday. My date for the Xmas part got sick, I didn't feel like being at a +1 event stag. So I didn't go. I do that all the time, it is getting old and I don't need to answer all the questions.

This morning, I missed the first volunteer shift for Food Bank, but they called out and asked if anyone could do second shift. I did it.. I think I have a big S (sucker) on my forehead. But I knew, that all the other 50 guys are too busy, because The Day is coming. It was fun, got to chat with a friend for 2 hours, we raised $340 and a pile of food.

When that was done I got the car and headed to Edmonton. It got really cold, I wasn't going to stop to take pics in the park. But the previously shy bison were out. After I finished taking pictures of them, the Sun was putting on a show. Since it was cool and snowy all week, the trees were either snow covered or frosted.

Last night I watched The Trip, it is a gay movie which won a pile of awards at Sundance. It was a story on gay rights from around 1973, when I finished high school till about 1987...mmm when I got married. Watching it was really weird, the same issues that were the issues in the last election, we the issues in 1973. Except Nixon was getting impeached. One of the lead characters is a gay Republican. That party sort of left him, even though there appeared to be lots of closeted gay republicans. Good movie.

I had come in the city on Thursday night, went to the Druid when it appeared impossible to get a hair cut. The scaffolding guys were there, we were having a good time until they made one of the 'if you can't do that, you're gay.' One of the last things one of them said, so I could hear, well he didn't deny it.

This didn't bother me too much, maybe I have grown. Just because I am gay doesn't make them better than me. I wasn't judging them. It has been a year since I came out to the family and a lot of friends. I am not a flag waver and I am not going to convert some guy. So I am not sure why I am scary.

I am reading the Killing of Osama bin Laden, still. President Obama is not the pacifist the Right would have us believe he is. Why SEALS and such do not like him I don't know - same with Police Officers. Obama is going to keep them employed. For the guys upset about people dying.....maybe they should look at the occupation. No one goes into Special Forces as it is a cake walk. And no-one leaves Special Forces and joins a Private Security company / Intelligence organization cause it is safe. The thrill gets them. Firefighters, Cops, Soldiers etc die. It's a fact of life. This President actually very supportive of them. In my opinion.

Well I am off. The buffalo are in Elk Island Park, the Sunset was just West of there.


















No comments:

Post a Comment