My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 15 June 2012

What I am good at

1. Riding a bike. I really enjoy this and it gives me pleasure. In the Summer it is my primary mode of transportation. Until today, the car had 76 kms on it, that was from April. Some people view the bike as a toy, something to do when there is nothing else to do. Thelma asked my why I rode bike into town last weekend. No matter what I said, it was not acceptable. The Ride for Dad, in a car, well let's just say its not possible.

I drove to the city in the car today because Thelma had a printer to get rid of. I said I would take it, I don't really need it, but he wants another one. I can leave mine in the box and use the used one. I also rode as we are enjoying very Vancouver like weather, not very warm and a lot of rain.

Tomorrow is going to be nice, which means I will not stay in the city tonight, I will be headed home to get bike to go on a ride with the gang.

I did ride in on Tuesday for the Chief of Police's Pride event. It was at the Integrated Operations Facility. This is where the Emergency Response Team (ERT), K9 Unit, Bomb Squad and Forensics are located.

I was writing a story, started it on Sunday and I was stuck. I needed to know what kind of weapons an ERT officer used. I asked a cop, he didn't know, he said check the net. Which is like going into a Walmart looking for a tack.

At the presentation I got to speak with ERT guys about their weapons. I took notes, couldn't take pictures, they wouldn't let that happen. BTW I think one of them was cruising me, I dropped my name enough that if he were....well he's a cop.

I went to the Art Show where Nick's work was on display. He was kind of shocked to see me there, I did say I would go. He must have forgotten. I wan't there long,

When I left I was headed East to Vegreville into another storm. I got totally soaked. At about 22:00 I passed the place where the deer was hit on Victoria Day, I was really careful.

2. Well I guess I will go into writing. I am good at it, I think. hen I do writ, I hear a voice saying the words, I just type them. Last night my friend Toby and her boyfriend were hanging out. Toby has a thing for bikes, but she is afraid of them, due to some childhood trauma. Her boyfriend Alan rode his bike to her house, he challenged me to some races. He has a Harley. I lost all three races, but my bike beat him all three times on quarter mile. When we finished racing, his bike was leaking primary fluid all over the street. Later we went to eat, I suggested Toby go on the back of Alan's bike.

She did, but there was a lot of tension before. She rode back too. While at supper she asked me about writing, I told her about the story I wrote about a guy on a bike in a garage. She wants to read it now. The people that have read it, found it ok.

Yesterday I read another blog about friendship and coming out later. The writer analyzed the subject really well. He spoke about the brake pedal on discussing gay stuff with straight people. I experienced this too. But Toby was really interested in reading what I wrote. Oh well.

3. Work, I am pretty good at my job. I can profile and alter my reality to figure things out. I am right more than I am wrong, but it is not an exact science. This week a person that I helped catch, was caught. No details, but she is in jail and it may be a long time before she is out.

But that being said, I am not having fun at work. I believe the stress from the deer and the week before the deer are still lingering. I have been working out, as prescribed. I do 50 pushups every morning, and now every night. The ups and downs are still there. The downs are really bad. Toby told me to call her anytime I need to talk.

Today I am in the city as Thelma wants to go to some drag event, they are going to have a drag queen, drag king and something else. I don't think I will see the something else, as I need to get home to have beauty sleep for ride tomorrow.

While at the police demonstration I go to play with laser radar and ask questions. The officer said it was hard to hit a bike. I described the front of my bike (see picture) the headlight is probably the only thing he could aim for. I asked what about rider, he said "No!" Imagine looking through a sight ant my bike at 500 yards, I'd see officer at same time he'd see me (they wear bright vests). Clutch in and radar gets two different readings.




No comments:

Post a Comment