My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 28 July 2012

A new tire

I came to the city after work, I was staying overnight so I could get to the bike place first thing in the morning to get a new tire.

When I arrived in the city I went to Woody's for a beer and to see if anyone were around. None of the usual suspects, just Chris.

Chris is a biker. I do not wish to know his last name or where he lives. We have an agreement, he doesn't want to know my last name or where I live. We are both members of organizations which mix like oil and water.

But he is a nice guy, straight, but gay friendly. He teases me all the time, I give it back. Last night he had the stupidest t-short on. It was a plain shirt with something that felt like a placemat on it. The place mat was actually an LED screen. When you turned it on, it reacted to music and to talking. Sound bars would go up and down and lights would flicker. When I first saw him, it was too light so it didn't have a great effect. We talked for awhile, him flirting in his non-flirty way. He rode a bike to the bar too. This surprised me as he normally got pretty wasted when there.

After awhile my friend Neil, who was also there took off and I did too. Neil was in usual tease mode. I hate it, but someday maybe he won't be. He's ared head....maybe a genetic thing.

I went and ate at Junction. I was sitting outside and a guy with a Harley hat was there, we started talking. I think he too is was a member of the same touring club Chris is a member of. I thought he was on the team, but alas, no.

Went for a cruise after eating. I stopped at the Tim Horton's on Whyte Avenue, where 'Tims Angels' were gather for their bull shit session. As I was getting a new front tire I was checking out theirs. A lot of bike had a lot of tread left on them. I am sure these guys only ride from home to Tims then back home again. They polish their bikes up real nice. One Harley was absolutely spotless. Maybe the guy has a steam cleaner. There wasn't even bug remnants on it. If it should rain, these guys disappear really fast. Get baby back home to the garage.

I went back to Woody's, Neil said he may come out later. I was going to hang out with him. He wasn't there. Chris was still there though. He was 5.5 beers into a six pack. It was darker and his shirt was flashing to the music. If you looked you noticed the light seemed to go from around his waist on the left side up to his nipple on the right side. It appeared to go in waves. When you got close to him you saw the sound bars, but from afar it looked like he was being molested by a big white hand. He was being courted by a cross dresser. He is hard to figure out, but our backgrounds will ensure we are only acquaintances.

I went to my sister's place, where I was staying. I was in bed by 10:30.

Today I had a couple of instances which bugged me. It sounds like I am being picky, but I have noticed that my friends complain of the same things. You go to Tim Horton's and don't get what you order. for what ever reason. Heaven forbid you are Muslim or Jewish and order a breakfast sandwich with no bacon or ham and thats what you get. I know fiends feel it is like a lottery at the drive through, you get whatever the server wants to give you. Knowing the people are in a car and will not park to complain helps this.

As a firefighter I have volunteered to work the counter on Camp Day. So I know how to get my coffee how I like it.

I went to a gas station and paid for gas, then I asked for a lottery ticket. Just a quick pick, no extras. The teller confirmed with me, I said no extras,. She prints a ticket with the extra added.

I am not sure what to make of this, I would say it was a lack on English issue, but it has to be more than that. I seriously think it is like the Starbucks guy said in a rant. You profile people on the way into the store with what they will order. At Starbucks I fit the Grande Bold profile, so I always get what I want. Heaven forbid I order a low fat mocha soy no fat supreme latte. I strongly think that people let their profile override their ears. They only hear what they have decided you will say. This is annoying. It leads to 'a machine can do your job' kind of thinking. Unwittingly enough, the servers are playing into it.

I went to the bike shop, got my bike in and a new tired on it in less than an hour. They found a dent on the rim, not major, but appears to be bambi related. Tire and rim may get added to the insurance claim. If it ever gets settled. I got a Michelin Commander II tire. Rated for 40,000 kms. This is unheard of in bike tires. They had to order it in. Michelin is a pretty big company, I am sure it is a good tire.

I am headed back home, after the unannounced rain stops (I am glad I brought new raincoat). Have to head out to Duvernay for a beer :)

Tonight a friend of mine's sister is performing in Vegreville. My friend is going to do a belly dance in the intermission. She conned me and some other guys at work into doing a belly dance routine for charity. We were hilarious, of course we had veils on, so our chastity was maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment