My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 7 July 2012

Gay Rodeo continued

Well when I last left you I was in Strathmore at the Gay Rodeo. It was fun. So Sunday, I was at the Rodeo all day long. It was fun. I sat on the sunny side and got a chance to speak with the participants. I think a guy from Texas cruised me, but I am not sure....later on this.

I chatted with Sam a couple of times and we made a date to hang out at the dance later. A couple of storm clouds ventured overhead, but they did not produce anything; in the after noon.

A guy at the door I chatted with on Saturday night told me to wear chaps to the dance on Sunday, I guess I could. I had them there from the ride down on bike.

I went to the awards and then the dance. Sam chatted to me for all of 2 seconds, he asked me if I knew how to 'West Coast'? I didn't have a clue what that was, I think it is a California 2step. That was it, he was off dancing and chatting with everyone else.

I killed some time, then the storm clouds from earlier came back. The sky was really scary. Eventually it did pour, I mean it really poured!

The guy in the white shirt, sitting is the guy from Texas that was cruising me. A the dance he passed by me about 6 times and made eye contact the last four. I knew he was staying in a tent too, so nothing happened.

Here's why......

I got back to the camp site and the wind / downpour took out my tent. It was like a puddle on the ground, literally. The lip at the floor, by entry is about 2.5 inches high. It was holding all the water in there.

The sleeping bag, my clothes and bike jacket were all soaked. I set the tent back up, but there was no way anything was drying. I rung stuff out and hung it on the bike. I had chaps a jacket and dry clothes. I wiped off sleeping pad and decided to try sleeping. It didn't work, all the man made fabrics were making me sweat, which later made me cold.

Some people I know had a fire. I took bike jack and sleeping bag there to assist in drying off. This didn't work as they were burning pine, it was popping sparks everywhere. Bike jacket was ok, but sleeping bag.

After an hour people started to come to the fire. A guy I had seen all weekend was there. Long story short, he expressed interest, he was in a trailer and he said his back was cold. I do not normally jump on these opportunities, but I did.

The tent and sleeping bag wound up going to friends in Calgary's place, as they were soaked. I said I'd come down and get them; this weekend.

This is a record for me. Two visits to Calgary in the same month. Never ever has this happened before.

I am at Starbucks on 17th SW. I picked up tent and sleeping bag. I am writing blog, then going to a friend's place for a BBQ. Then I am coming back down here for some Stampede action. The Stampede is a little even that happens in Calgary every year. This is the 100th year is has happened. Normally I avoid. This is my second time here during my 22 years in Alberta.

Lots happening on the Gay scene in Calgary. Fab, which used to be Monneypennies is closed. I just heard that the Eagle may be closing in October. Soon the only Gay bars for Calgarians to go to will be in Edmonton.

In Alberta there is no law stating that the left lane is for passing. So traffic on Highway 2 from Edmonton to Calgary is mayhem. People drive in the left lane so they can text and chat on phone. Both illegal in Alberta, but the cops are on the right side when checking and the a-hole can hide the phone. They are usually going under the speed limit and swerving all over the lane. A photon laser on the front of car or bike can take care of these guys.

Bikes everywhere here, I am stuck in the car....first really hot weekend of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment