My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Monday 16 July 2012

It's baaaack

So I did a lot of searching on Kijiji for bikes for the weekend. I found out there are a lot of bikes I could buy that would be suitable. That means no seller pressure. So something has to screw this up. This was not a situation I wanted to be in, I like my bike!!!

Today I took time off work to go to broker to file claim. As is the case now, I have my phone on silent all the time. This time cost me $200

Constable H called for the Edmonton police Service when I was at the broker. I never heard it. He found my bike, parked not where I left it, but in a walkable distance. He said if I called him right back he wouldn't have it towed. I called 20 minutes later.

The bike was found, it was towed to the impound lot. When I spoke to him I found out that a brake lever was broken. I drove car into the city, in case it was more than that.

My sister drove me to the impound lot, as I didn't want to leave car there at $30 a day. When I paid all the $$$ and got to the bike. The damage is superficial, a foot peg is bent ($125), a brake lever ($105) and a side fender (didn't ask) are bent broken or scuffed. I rode it, it runs fine.

I went back to where the bike was parked on Friday night. My theory is that the vendor of art works on Whyte Avenue moved it. I was parked in prime real estate. When my brother in law and I went to the place I parked it Saturday morning, a van was parked where my bike was. I am going to check to see who had the permit for that portion of the sidewalk. I will check to see if they are a designated by-law officer that can move vehicles. This little fiasco cost me about $500 - and I know their art works were marked up.

I later went back to Barber Ha, the picture from the other day. I took some more realistic pictures.

I am happily riding around on the bike again.

The other photo is from Capital Reef National Park in Utah. It was anew app so I was making a collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment