My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Erections and Corrections

I really like buildings and bridges and tunnels. Basically anything man erects. So basically any time I take off on a trip it is to see buildings....except for Jasper and Lake Louise. God did well there.

On the weekend I went back over rally route to take pics of buildings. Chicago has many visits due to the buildings.

This summer I was planning on heading to Spring Green, Wisconsin to see Taliesin. Frank Lloyd Wright's home and school there.

Well the insurance company has kind of wrecked that. They are having issues with the bike shop. It has been a week and nothing. So I am canceling trip and holidays. I don't need boss whining about how short staffed we are. The time to fix bike after approval is the issue. I don't want to do this trip in car.

Corrections. Western Canada and the USA too are designed in grids. Straight lines are great for planning, not so much for biking. But nature has foiled man. Corrections are not prisons, they are lakes, rivers, canyons etc. Anything that screws up the straight line.

On highway 631 by highway 36 is a correction. There is a lake in the middle of the road, so it goes around it. The designers of the road banked it. Perfectly. It is about a kilometer long and I get to lean left then right then left. If there is no head wind I can usually get up to ......no good. I have left other bikers in the dust. Sunday a pickup tried to keep up with me. He disappeared and he finally caught up about 6 Kms later and he was going fast on the straightaway.

Went to doctor today. After the personal stuff was done we discussed solidness and assertiveness training. I am practicing the solid stuff all the time. I guess standing correctly goes a long way to helping your assertiveness. I have homework.

If you get a chance, see Vito: A Man for All Seasons, or if not that Celluloid Closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment