My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 21 July 2012

The Weekend

Pretty uneventful week. I slept a lot. I came home from work, had a three hour nap. Watched a couple of hours of TV and then went back to bed.

Thursday I didn't do this. I went to the gym. After I had done some other things a fire call occurred. A semi with two trailers tipped over. The trailers had pig shit in them. I was happy to be on dispatch for that call. It smelt a lot better in the Barn than at the scene.
I did have to go out there though, I had to deliver food. It was a seven hour clean up.

Friday I planned on taking the long route to the city. I got to Tofield, South of where deer hit me, and as I was leaving town, my left mirror broke off. Literally. I caught it as a I had a tank bag and it landed on it. I returned home and got a mirror off my other bike. It is impossible to ride with no left mirror. Well not impossible, but death would come soon. I wound up staying at home, the 150 km round trip tired me out.

I did manage to mow the lawn, do a brake job on the bike, clean up the house a bit and go to the bar out front door for three beers.

Today, I got up early, did laundry, cooked breakfast, cut hair and then joined up with my friend Brian, from work.

We headed North to Two Hills. A bike rally was occurring. We did it. It was kind of disjointed. I may have to get involved for next year, or this 5 year old event will die.

Anyway,Brian and I stopped for a beer in Duvernay. A little town by the North Saskatchewan River. It is about 10 kms North of Two Hills (50 kms from Vegreville). I always thought the bartender there was cute. I told Brian later I have met the guy three times, this year on the ride, last year on the ride and someplace else. I can't remember. Anyway, I had Denver Eagle t-shirt on. I bought the beers and we had some eye contact.

Brian and I were speaking about a speed trap and he joined the conversation. I got strong vibes he liked me.

We were on the bikes getting ready to go and he came out of the bar. He pretended to fuss, that little move made me know he was interested. I was not going to do much with Brian there. Brian knows but it's not fair. A ride to Duvernay may be in order....maybe tomorrow. It would suck if the bar wasn't open....well maybe it wouldn't if he had a helmet and wanted to go for a ride.

The pictures are from the ride. The trucks with stuff on them are for information. We are on the way to Fort MacMurray. So we have big things on the road a lot. Look at the size of the semis compared to what they are hauling.

No comments:

Post a Comment