My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Sunday 1 July 2012

Rodeo Weekend

Well this is pictures and stories. I was located in the quiet area, a joke amongst the young ones was that us old guys need our peace and quiet. Well.....

Friday I go to the site, got my space for the weekend and claimed it with a knapsack. I went to bus depot and picked up the bag, with tent and sleeping bag that I shipped from Innisfree. A quick aside, on the same day I was the P in Innisfree and Innisfail.

Set up the tent, met the next tent neighbour, she was not doing well. She was from Florida, she came and did a course in cow something....the cow bicked her, she sprained or broke her wrist. The unnerving part for me was the way she walked. I think she did more damage than a wrist. I would help her throughout Friday and Saturday, getting stuff from the store for her.

Saturday afternoon she decided to relocate to a motel. Easier said than done, she had rented a 2012 Ford Fiesta, This car has no key. It has a remote sensor. This is fine unless you sit on it, which she did. it had no power left and the car would not start. I had called the motel and said she'd be over shortly, well. i was the only working wheels. Her state of paid would not be conducive to a bike ride. I went store to get another battery for the remote. This didn't work as the remote is made of plastic and we had not tools to lift a kittle tab. You needed a screwdriver for eyeglasses. I called the car rental agent, she used my phone for awhile, then hers. All in all i didn't think i did much. She sang the praises of me to the Rodeo Management. I hope the thank you, from them is all I hear.

The rental firm sent another car and she was gone. I had volunteered to do security at the Rodeo dance on Saturday night. I hate the dance, it is a lot of people and I just become a wallflower. I have tried over the years, it is the same thing. So working at the door I had a purpose for being there.

Murphy stepped up to the plate. I meet Terry, he is the guy in the cowboy hat, and plaid shirt (i know, which one). Richard Gere eyes...We spoke for a long time, ending in 'It sucks that you have to work tonight' realistically, I would never had chatted with him if I was free. We'll meet up again.

I go back to the tent to change, i decided to bike the bike to the dance hall, as I would be off at 2 in the morning. On the way to the hall there were people all over the place, I was driving behind a guy, Sam. I started singing Chantilly Lace and then asked if he wanted a ride. We rode to the parking lot. It was good. He kissed me.

Later on at the door, he came up to me and thanked me again, he asked if I two stepped. Ah yes, but i am working. Sam is a volunteer at the Rodeo, I said we'd meet up on Sunday.

The night went uneventfully. well there was some drama, but nothing that carrying ID wouldn't fix.

I went home after the shift, Sam came and kissed me again, he was frisky. But he took off to hotel. I wish I'd asked where.

Terry took off, he was blasted. He was concentrating on not looking so when he went by me.

So I get back to the tent. I am asleep for 1/2 an hour and the people in the motor home on the other side decide to have a party. This went on all night. i got very little sleep.

I got up did breakfast then went to the Rodeo grounds. I was hoping to see Sam. He was on the other side of the Arena. I found a way to the other side. Then I found out I could bring bike up to where I was sitting. I did, thus the pictures of the really hot Texan with the burgundy shirt and killer eyes. Made some friends and drank a lot of water.

Sam was working on the other side of the arena, so I walked over. I told my friends what I was doing. To make me do it!. We chatted, he was happy to see me. Then he seemed not happy. After that section of Rodeo was done he'd left.

I didn't feel good about this, at the time I thought he was from Calgary. We chatted some more, later. He was happy to see me again, he showed it. I asked what he was doing for supper or if he wanted to go to the dance. He was non-commital.

I decided not to get worked up about it. It is what it is. There was a storm which appeared to be moving in, I went back to tent and made it safe. iPad and iPhone were with me on bike in tank bag. After rodeo I was going to go straight for food, but decided to go to free beer tent.

Friends were there, the day before the DC Cowboys were there, they dance to Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy. The pic is obvious.

Today, just some people from a magazine and then Sam showed up. He didn't want to go for supper together, he said he doesn't hook up at Rodeos, San Francisco was on my list of places to go....I said I understood, he gave me another kiss and a bug hug.

Saturday I was out cruising around in shorts, a tank top which says 'Define Boyfriend' sandals and all kinds of wrist ribbons. Bike and me were kind of gay like.

I rode by The Roadhouse and saw a pile of bikes. I was going for lunch and was tempted to stop. I posted on Face book 'So this gay guy walks into a biker bar (and described what i was wearing)
I wound up eating at Tim Hortons, I figured if there were bikes there on the way back to camp I would at least take pics of my bike with rainbow ribbon on it. Alas no bikes...

Today I am writing this blog from the bike bar. ( and I am recharging phone and iPad).

So tonight I am going to the Dance. They wanted me to do security again, I don't think so. I am not getting wasted as I have to go home tomorrow. If something happens with Sam, it happens. If I sleep in a bed, better.

Enjoy the photos.

In the pic with yellow gate, Sam is guy on right


No comments:

Post a Comment