My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Chop Day

Well the big conference call was today. As a result of the budget, the departments had to cut staff. Our department had to achieve 5% savings. a lot of people were nervous, we are dealing with a big thing on the hierarchy of needs. Anyway, I work in information and our department stretches across the country. I was pretty aware of the cuts before they were announced at our office. We were not effected as far as I am aware. There are some in the human resources and finance department that might be. Some good people that I work with that live other places are effected though.

I found out that they are desperate for foreign assignment guys. I want to go for 6 weeks, not sure about 2 years. If it were 2 years, it would be Ankara. Apparently it is going to be a place that is looking. The Syrian and Irani issue will keep it hopping.

It has not been a quiet week. Yesterday I was at a fire call for 7 hours. A farm fire, when we got there a shed was fully engulfed in flames and sitting next to it where two large propane tanks. The fire was licking at them. We immediately had two lines focused on the shed and the tanks. We stayed low in hopes that if the tanks (15 feet away) blew, we'd be ok. We got er done.

At the same time this fire was going, we had three other fire calls. We had to lend a truck from our scene to one on a highway. The Chief and Deputy were the crew on the fire in town. Nine calls in all in one day.

So after it was all done, I left the hall and made it home. I was knackered. I went to bed immediately, my back was sore as hell. I cleaned up at the fire hall, I was black. The picture is of my jeans which were under my bunker gear, soot is pretty fine and goes through fabric. See the outline of my iphone.

I haven't been doing too much. I am glad that Trayvon Martin's killer has finally been charged with something. At least there is a chance at justice.

Rick Santorum is out, poor guy. Such a loving person, if you are straight and xtian. Is there something to be read into pulling out at Easter?

Scott Walker is proceeding to rape and pillage Wisconsin. He has rolled back equal wages, as women don't need to work as much as men. He was fiddling with taking visitation rights away from same sex couple in hospitals. He is up for recall in June. I am waiting for him to recommend Bashar al Assad (Syria) for the Nobel Peace Prize.

I am thinking of going for a massage now, well I have to make an appointment. You know what'll happen, I will be going once a week until the Health Plan stops covering it. I think there is six in a year.

Well later. The fire radio has been quiet today....weird. It is dry as anything out there. I am recommending a $5000 fine for anyone that tosses a lit cigarette out the window of their car.

No comments:

Post a Comment