My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Monday

At Tim Hortons in Vegreville. There is no other coffee shop open in town. I would go to Edmonton but it is coolish and I am on my bike. I got some gas and made a run to Mundare, the sausage, yeah, that's a sausage. It's in Mundare. I took a pic and then blasted back here. The bike is running good.

So we last met on Saturday, I was picking up car after a night out. I came back to Vegreville from Edmonton, wen to the gym and ran 5 miles. About 5 I rode bike into city. I had a date. It was windy and Edmonton was a lot cooler than town. When I got in the city I went to the Tims on Whyte Avenue and stood next to brick wall, in the Sun was warm as were the bricks. Around 6 I headed to Woodys to meet up with my date. He was supposed to show at 7, I was happy to be seated someplace warm and I continued with the short story I started writing on Friday. Around 7, no text and no show. At 7:30 I decided he wasn't going to show. I would have stayed in the city, but there was a draft blowing into the bar and I was getting cold again. The prospect of riding back home was scary too.

I made it home in good time. I was going faster than the speed limit, but I wanted to get home. The wind that was in my face on the way to the city was at my back on way home.

Got home and watched Finder on TV, I made it about 20 minutes before I passed out.

Sunday I got up, did some more cleaning and chucking stuff. I am tempted to hire a maid for once or twice a month to come in and get the place ship shape, maybe then it will be neater.

I texted Thelma to see if he was going to go to Easter dinner at a bar in the city. It took awhile for him to respond, he then invited me to dinner at his sister's place. I decided to go, he wanted someone to speak with other than a pile of kids.

I drove the car there, the weather was really cold overall this weekend. I had Thelma's address in Gibbons programmed into my phone, it showed me the different ways to get there.

I took a different route than I normally would, but I wanted to explore some places for a bike trip. I went to what I call Manland, it is an off-road haven. It wasn't too busy, normally there are dirt bikes and quads all over the place. A pic is attached. Across the road from Manland is the end of one of the best kept secrets in Alberta. A twisting winding paved road. I heads to Shell Scotford Refinery from where I was. Will be going there often this Summer. Have to sweep it first, lots of gravel on the corners - it is about 10 kms long.

Supper was good with Thelma and his extended family. The kids were mostly over 16 - there were two that were under 10. The picture is of Thelma and his friend from Toronto, Anita. She has now moved to Alberta permanently. We were joking about her applying for citizenship. It was cool being with a pile of people that didn't care about sexuality, they would joke about it.

Since I had the car I went and got the gift basket that I won a week ago at Flash. The one with all the hair care stuff and other stuff. The women went nuts, it was like a feeding frenzy, the stuff evaporated. I got a good meal, laughs and a beer glass.

Last night I went out, not much happening, I was a dancing fool.

I am trying to decide on the vacation plans, I want to go to Los Angeles for the Sons of Anarchy ride at the end of August. But it could be expensive. Brendan will be 21 this year and he wants to go to Mardi Gras. I think it would be a good thing to do with him. If I start saving now, it could be a really good trip. I told him to start saving too, hopefully he does. If I don't go to LA I will ride down to Minneapolis and Madison. I need to see the Frank Lloyd Wright houses on the inside. I also left a paid of jeans at Greg's place in Gotham, WI. There's an excuse for a ride.

I am thinking of taking an AED with e on my next date. I will probably need it if the person actually shows up. I'll just fall over. AED's replace someone doing CPR.

Well my hot chocolate is gone and Tims uses air conditioning to control the length of a person's stay. My fingers are getting cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment