My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Sunday 1 April 2012

Palm Sunday

The Catholics were pouring out of the Basilica in downtown Edmonton, holding their fronds. They came out just as the sun is setting, it takes awhile yet. But if you are driving West on Jasper, the Sun is in the middle of the windshield. Most of the patrons of the church are small. I did a u-turn on Jasper and took a different road. They appeared to be walking in procession.

Saw the Hunger Games. I went with my son. He has been working for the past three weeks, I had to set up a date. We were going to see a movie, no other ones appealed to us. I was willing to see 21 Jump Street again.

Anyway, Ayn Rand meets Battlestar Galactica, meets what I think the Twilight Series is like. Donald Sutherland was surprisingly evil.

Saturday, well first the bike stuff. I left Edmonton via 97th Street North. This took me to the new Anthony Henday Drive (remember I was going to go home via Lamont). The new road is great, called a 'ring road' as it is supposed to go around the outside of the city. It took them so long to build it, the city has gone outside it. Edmonton is one of the larger cities in the world, land wise. I headed East to Manning Freeway where it ends. Then it was an unexpected pleasure, a biker must have designed the Fort Saskatchewan exit. It zigzagged and went up and down. I am sure the police will have radar permanently set up there - for bikers.

Good choice taking highway 15 home, it got warmer the further East I went. I was going a little fast.

Continuing with this theme, I came into the city this afternoon. I was trying to find out if the snow, which hit Edmonton, was a problem. Well don't trust twitter on April Fool's day. A woman posted it was a blizzard, to all the sites. It was raining where I live, not the 10-15 cms of snow which the weatherman promised. Anyway the ex and my son live in the West End. I drove all the way across the city on the Yellowhead. I got off at Anthony Hendy in the West End. It's finished too! More loop de loops and sloping curves, I was in the car though. A Ford Escape driver appeared to be going to fast for conditions as he was turned around on a ramp.

Attention SUV and MiniVan drivers - your vehicles are not motorcycles. They cannot turn like a bike can, leaning over does nothing. Gravity has a rule about the higher off the ground your centre of gravity is.

So yesterday, I was supposed to go on a date. LOL - The guy was on a site that said was looking for a relationship. He hit on me. So I asked why he was in Edmonton, it was to see his girlfriend. Needless to say, I didn't meet up with him.

This morning I got involved in a religious conversation. It happens, not intentionally, but it happens. Today's topic is Atheism.

I have no problem with Atheists, they do have a 'glass is all the empty' way of looking at God though. I am versed in religion and faith, but I am reserving a bit of space for the existence of God.

Oh and I think God is in everything. So he is not one big spaghetti monster in the sky. But he is found in everything, possible the size of a photon or electron - sounds crazy but, that is my latest theory. It replaces the Father (Mohamed), Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit (Buddha) theory. One of these days, I am going to work my way through a theology degree. Thanks Mom. Thanks to the participants in the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment