My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Thursday 29 March 2012

Goodbye Otterbox

I got mail today, the Survivor iPad case arrived. It is made by Griffin. I knew I needed a new case, the Otterbox was cracking and it didn't feel stable. I ordered a Griffin online.

I took the case off the iPad, it was literally falling apart, the rubber outer part was torn. Anyway it came off a lot faster than it went on.

The new case was already assembled, the picture shows ALL the instructions.

I went to Remedy and got a Tandoori Chicken Wrap, oh, I rode bike to the city - it is 14C out and sunny. My wrist is a bit sore as I have no throttle lock, I was riding into the wind for the 100 km trip, and leaning over sideways, the wind was coming at an angle.

So I am sitting here with the rubber part off the case and am trying to separate the hard plastic parts. They didn't come apart as easy as they do in the instructions. People at Remedy were staring at me, I swear a woman was going to come and help me.

I kind of stick out, I have the helmet on the table, a big knapsack...well that's not an issue here, everyone has a knapsack. They are all two strappers, if you know what I mean.

I finish the wrap and I must have pushed the hard case the right way, it came apart. It has a hard plactic cover, so I took the screen guard off the iPad - to tell you the truth it was kind of gross, it needed a change.

The buttons all work, there is one problem with the rear facing camera though, there is a rubber flap, the flap does not get out of the way, so you have to hold it to take a picture.

While riding on a bike in the city you don't get the urge to text, there is always something to look at. A funny thing though, over by 75th Street there is a restaurant, it is a Sushi Restaurant now. But that is only recent. About three years ago I went there, they were having a Bikini Bike Wash, $20 to have your bike washed, they said the money went to charity. The place hosting it was a strip club.

Well I have sat here long enough, it is 18:45 and the sun is still up. The days are getting longer, headed for 21 June, which is a really long day.

One last thing on Trayvon and Zimmerman. I do not think Zimmerman is a racist, he is a guy caught up in his cop wannabeness. He profiled Trayvon and then things went bad. I am saying this from a white Canadian point of view.

The budget came out today, our department does not sound like it is most effected. Another way of saying we are safe.

The meeting I chaired went ok and the Month End report is out. I took Friday off, long weekend for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment