My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Sunday 25 March 2012

Walk of Shame?

Well this is kind of interesting. Last night after the bike ride and writing the second blog, my friend Robert joined me a Woody's.

Robert, aka Thelma went on a road trip to Toronto to pick up an elderly friend and bring her back to Alberta. She was in a home and it was time for her to leave. So he drove to get her. There was talk before he left that I would go, but I couldn't have been gone as long as he was. Robert is 68, retired. The Thelma name is from being in the Court in Toronto. This is just stuff that is way over my head, ask someone in the Court to explain it to you.

Robert told me all about the trip there and back, he took a convoluted route back as he had to go visit another Court person, in their 90's, in Albuquerque.  After he was done retelling the story, i took off to eat.

I re-joined Robert later. We went to the Junction where ironically, there was a Court function, sort of. I saw some people that I had not seen in a long time. I spent time walking around and talking with a lot of people. During the intermission, they 'girls' had to go out side to smoke, I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a year. We have known each other for a long time. I rarely have seen him as he was a long haul truck driver. Now he works for a towing company. We would up hanging out for the rest of the night.

Brian and I have not had too much luck when we go out. One night a couple of years ago we were hanging out all night and it looked like things were going one way, but then a guy came a long and seriously hit on Brian, so it never occurred. I am leery whenever that person is around as he has a tendency to be interested in whomever I am speaking to.

When the show was over, Robert bolted for someplace else, so did most of the crowd. Brian, my buddy and I went to another bar. Actually we weren't going to the bar, we just wound up in there. We had a couple of more beers, neither of us had to drive anywhere. Brian smokes, so at different times he went outside to have a cigarette. I saw a friend of mine at the bar, a guy used to have a crush on, Neil. I had a short conversation with him. The last time Brian went for a cigarette, he got locked out. He texted me and said they would not let him back in. So I get my coat and leave.

When we got outside, Neil was standing there, smoking. He asked us if we wanted to go to his place to have a couple of drinks. We did. Long story short. We had some drinks. Neil cooked some far out meal. We watched Weekend on Netflix and then we all wound up in bed.

To the Puritans don't worry, nothing happened, we were all too drunk.

In the morning we were just talking and joking around and then Brian and I headed off to get our cars. We were walking down the street and Brian said what I was thinking, 'It feels like the walk of shame.'

I made arrangements to meet up with him again in a couple of weeks (Read Tow Truck Driver = Shifts).

Brian and I kissed and then who should show up, his car was parked near the bar too; Robert. Brian needed to do stuff so I wound up going for breakfast with Robert. Then we went to an Auction. Never have done that before. I was sort of cruising the crowd. The crystal part of the auction was a real bore and the stuff kept on coming. I almost bought some golf clubs, but they went over $150.

I departed leaving Robert there to bid on the item he wanted. I returned home. Man am I tired, early night for me. All in all a really good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment