My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Friday 16 March 2012

Rode a motorcycle to a Starbucks and wrote a blog

Took off from work early so I could ride bike into the city. It is 100 km/60 miles. It was kind of iffy around 10 am. The sky went dark and it looked like it was going to pour, or worse.....I prayed for wind. God came through.

It was supposed to go to 9 in Edmonton, it is 5, it is 10 in Vegreville. The wind was blowing into my face on the way into the city. Hopefully it will be behind me on the way out.

No line up at motor vehicles - SCORE!

I tried riding around Edmonton, too many red lights. The visor on my helmet kept fogging up at each light.

Made it to a Starbucks to warm up, downed the first coffee fast, free refills here, so having another one. I was thinking of staying in the city tonight, I think not; 5 is the high tomorrow. I may go back and get car and come back, who knows.

I have chaps on, not for looks, they actually work on the wind!

Today was an ok day at work. Managed to finalize some stuff on a criminal case I have been working on. I guess the persons won't be happy.

Southland last night was incredible. Honestly this is an incredibly written TV series. Some people are complaining about the length of the season. I think if they made it too much longer they'd water it down. It is intense and makes even cops yell at the screen. I am on a message board with some police officers, and they posted that they were. One more show left in Season 4. I pray there is a Season 5.

I have a link to a very funny video. It is about border collies - iPad app doesn't allow for imbedding, or I'd do that.
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/03/border-collie-will-round-up-your-mates-on-st-patricks-day/

I saw an article on whether the iPad will eliminate the desktop/laptop. I guess it could, but there are some issues, no Flash and more and more videos are not compatible with mobile devices.

I could never retire, i am flypaper for freaks. A bi-polar guy with heightened paranoia is here. He used to hang out at Cafe le Gare, years ago. There was a communal table there where the regulars sat. He would sit there sometimes and rant his rants.

Fast forward, Le Gare closed, we scattered all over the place. I go to a Starbucks on Jasper in what could be called the 'Gay Village' if there was such a thing in Edmonton. Anyway, he rides a mountain bike, dressed like a biker. Not a mountain biker, a Harley biker. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I am on the second cup of coffee, may have to stop at a rest stop on the way home. Groat Road is out, the streets have not been cleaned, so there is too much sand. Groat is Edmonton's only curvy road. It is 2 km of excitement, bikers tend to get carried away on it. 100 + in a 50.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment