My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wednesday, Ides of March Eve (2012)

I actually slept in this morning! I forgot to turn on the alarm clock. I woke up around 05:40 and lay there, as usual, awaiting the noise from hell. I appeared to be a long time, longer than normal. I looked over and it was 20 past. Good thing this was a non-shave day.

Yes, I am the opposite of a bear, at 56 I can still get away with shaving every second day. I do shave if I have to though, i.e. job interview. But that's not happening soon; nor does it need to!

Got to work, forgot pass. This day was starting great. As everyone was in there I had to call my boss to let me in. So much for sneaking in late. I didn't have pass as yesterday I rode my bike to work after lunch, the pass was in my bike jacket.

I had to work on an essay today, it was like high school. Every second month I have to write a report for the section. It sums up everything we did. It is really entertaining, when it is done. Today was Get it Done Day. The good thing, my alternate supervisor wasn't in!

Do you have one of those, a co-worker that in not your boss, but likes to tell you what to do and how to do it? I do. It is a struggle and has been for 5 years. Sometimes she exhibits all the traits of a bully. Anyway, Hump free on Hump Day.

I rode bike after work. The attached picture is the bike sitting on some pavement while I head back to garage to close the door. Any handy men want to come and install a garage door opener? (I have beer)

I paid the bike insurance today, all the overtime paid off. Bike insurers don't let you pay monthly.....does that mean they think we aren't going to be around. Dorks.

Rode bike to gym, ran four miles and then went for a ride. Some of the old gaffers in town think that a bike never has the right of way, they pull out from the stop sign (I don't have one) and gawk at you - this guy was sucking on a cigarette - probably had smoke in his eyes. His activity is more high risk than mine :).

The 'sergeant' from Afghanistan sent me an email this morning. Apparently he sprained his ankle on their last attack. I hoped it would get better soon. I then asked him a pile of hockey stuff, using hockey jargon...he is from Detroit! Deflection again, no reference to the team he supports or if he even watches it. Have to be careful on basketball though, I am not sure what is going on. Well I know one thing that is going on.....it is March.

This is National Pi Day - so have some pi to celebrate - 3.14........... I listened to Kate Bush sing the number, I think she is still singing.

A pile of big wigs are coming tomorrow. The government is trying to figure out how to reduce staff...from our numbers all they would do is create more work if they got rid of anyone. We are kind of behind.........

Southland is on tonight, only two shows left in the season. It has been the best cop show ever and this is the best season of it. I hope they renew it!

A firefighter in Edmonton was charged with owning a grow op, apparently he used LEDs for lighting. He was growing the stuff in a garage. He is on admin leave, it is not clear whether he is paid or not. I hope this case goes to court fast, you either are or aren't. The lawyer can't say, that the smoke eater found these poor plants and was trying to resuscitate them. Governments want to know how to save money lol

So I got roped into American Politics a couple of years ago when Obama was trying to institute public health care. Some people on Twitter who were friends started to say some disgusting things about Canadian Health Care, i.e 100% mortality rate for anyone that uses our hospitals. Well there is a 100% mortality rate in Canada, but the USA is subject to it too, no matter what type of health care they have. So I started to give facts back, fact and republicans are not friends. Anyway, I lost some twitter friends as I could not put up with the bullshit.

But now, it appears that the republican higher ups have been infected by the same disease. The current crop of candidates for President has only one semi-sane person, but he has sanity issues too. The use of 'san' does not mean I am referring to a candidate with 'san' in his name. I think the guy with two first names is the only one that is credible. But he wants to change some things which shouldn't be changed, i.e. the Civil Rights Amendment. Sorry Mr. Paul

The Ides of March is tomorrow, if you name is Caesar and you have a friend named Brutus, I'd stay in.


No comments:

Post a Comment