My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 31 March 2012

Saturday which feels like Sunday

Well, I am still in the city. Robert (Thelma) came into to town, I was at Woody's having a beer, that's me in the pic.

We had more beers than would allow me to ride. We went over to Junction, because guess what? There was another Court function.We ate at Junction and then found out it wasn't happening there. It was at Flash. I was dressed like I was and all the Drag Queens and Kings were in white. I sort of stood out. It wasn't as crowded as it should be, but it was ok.

There were quite a few raffles. I bought some tickets and wound up with some foot stuff, a lot of it. There was a draw for a trip, I didn't win that prize, I won the consolation prize. I didn't take a picture, i should have. It is in the back of Thelma's car. There is a tiara, a pile of makeup, some hair colouring stuff - looks like Rhinna Red and I think there was blue too. They said it was worth a pile of $$$$. I joked and asked for the $$$$$. Thelma won a pile of stuff too, I was the messenger, bring it to his trunk. We left the bar before the rush.

I was going to head home on my bike, however it was 1 am and the will was not there. I wound up staying at a place which has cheap rooms....I am not going into details on this. But for $22 I got a place to sleep. And for those that know what I am talking about, I read. The iPad has a pile of books on it.

I didn't sleep that well. I woke up around 10 and went to Haps for breakfast, I was tempted to order the large omelette, but settled for the small one. I didn't finish the toast. It is a bit cool today, I am waiting for it to warm up a bit before heading home. Normally I don't take pics of people, but the guy sitting at table was at Haps. He talked to me a couple of times. He had his kids with him, no ring. They were playing dodge ball with plastic butter packages.

I will probably go home a round about way though. Highway 16 is not very scenic, and when it is cold, it is a straight shot to Vegreville. If I take the Lamont way home there is variety, in speed and scenery.

I am still pondering what I posted yesterday and I cam feel a power surge. It is like I am more centered. I think this shows up in light, or as some spiritualists call aura. Of course the more centered you are the better the chance you have a smile on your face. I have two reasons for that, the centering and the bike. Riding a 1400 cc bike is pure power.

So tonight a guy is coming up from Calgary, I think he wants to see me. Maybe its a date. I am not sure, but could at least go for a coffee with him. I is supposed to snow tomorrow, so I am going to drive the car in.

Update on the old guy at Starbucks. Apparently he has passed away. His whole life at the end was people watching at Starbucks, even when he was in the hospital, he wanted to go there. The person that told me is the manager. He said there are a couple of customers who fall asleep there that he is not sure will wake up. As cops and firefighters hand out there, I guess we'd wind up doing CPR.

Enough of my rambling, I can see a pattern here though. I appear to be more job oriented in my weekday posts and more social oriented on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment