My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Thursday 24 May 2012

Better

Well after two days of trying I finally spoke to someone. I went to work today and left early for the appointment.

I rode to the city on the bike. Which was a bridge to cross.

We discussed various issues, but concentrated on bambi.

Turns out I did everything I should have done after the incident. The 20 minute ride allowed me to be somewhat coherent and then trying to find someone to talk to is the first step to recovery.

I feel better, no more rants lie yesterday. We have a few more meetings, he just wanted to hear the whole incident from my point of view, second by second.

Trauma works in funny ways and unless you get ride of it from your nerves and out of your body, it goes into your body.

The incident with the counselor was just one more thing in my overflowing glass, so my reaction was reasonable.

I am lucky to live in Canada and that I could get access. Could you imagine suffering from a trauma due to a war and coming home. A family physician and they refer you. Then you wait for two to three months. In Spokane there is a veteran waiting four months and counting and he is ranting and threatening frequently. And it is not his fault, he needs to speak to a health professional.

We have to treat our veterans better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment