My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Sunday 27 May 2012

Provost again

Well I am at fire training again in Provost. We are taking interior firefighting this time - with real fire.

The course appears to be a recap of all the other courses. There is a lot of studying for the test.

No practical this weekend, we are stuck in a classroom reading about how to do things. Oh well.

Rode bikes from Vegreville again. This time there were/are four. It was a dry ride, although rain was threatening about halfway.

pretty much a non-event on the homophobes side. I am avoiding them, there are more from the same department, as they appear to be avoiding me. But it is the classroom.

I was a scatterbrain at work, I started to wear headphones so that I could start and finish something. I didn't want to be rude, but people were asking for help on stuff I have nothing to do with. A severe case of ADD. I got taken out for lunch on Friday by two women. One, has just bought a moped. she had given me shit about driving too fast. :)

I went for a ride in the country to take pictures of an abandoned farm north of Provost on Saturday night after supper. I saw the farm when we were riding down, the sky was clear Saturday night. It was a good ride.

Before supper a gang of us had gone slack lining, this is a piece of webbing strung tautly between two trees. Then you walk on it like a tightrope. Not so easy, and when you fall off you run the risk of sacking yourself. 'Sack lining'
I managed to go further this week than the first attempts. Maybe I'll get good at it.

I have attached a video of a bike hitting a deer. The dialogue by the supporting cast is inane, but the rider was wearing a helmet-cam. The sound it makes is the sound I heard when I hit the deer.

So this writer has run 2 Marathons (.15% of Americans have run a Marathon). I could find no stats on hitting deer, on a bike, and surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment