My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Monday 21 May 2012

I have to post this

I left the city about 9 or so. It was still light out. Benefits of living in the North. The wind was pretty strong against me, but that's a good thing.

I was headed past Tofield turnoff and was looking at the manufactured homes in a field. I thought I should take a picture. There is a song called Little Boxes - if you hear song you'd figure out why I'd take a pic.

Anyway, there was a Red Neon in right lane, I wads passing her. The brake lights suddenly came on. I thought WTF. Then a deer ran across my path. I went whew, then another deer ran across my path, behind other deer.

I couldn't do anything. I thought whew, it's over.

I hit the hind flank of the deer. I was still up. It was like I hit a pot hole.
I did an assessment, the only thing different was my right mirror. It was askew. Then I saw the front signal, the left one was gone. The right one was broken.

I slowed from the speed I was going to a saner speed. The cars that were behind me kind of disappeared. I couldn't see them anyway as the mirror was screwed.

The bike appeared ok. About two miles up I saw an ambulance coming with lights on. From the East, I was headed East. I started to think, is this what death is like, you keep on going in a different reality. I needed to get home.

I got to Vegreville. No one visible at Fire Station, I didn't have access key. I then went to a friend's place. He is always in garage, he wasn't there.

I got to house, parked bike in garage, took picture and then started phoning people. It was ten, I had to figure out who would answer. 7 calls later I got someone other than a machine.

Whew. I am still a taxpayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment