My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Monday 21 May 2012

Victoria Day

I long weekend, as I look at it a vacation between four non-weekends. The next two weekends I will be in Provost doing an Interior Firefighting Course.

The weather has not been that good but I have managed to be on the bike.

I was in the city on Saturday and hung out with Thelma. We went to Junction for a Leather Event. It was arranged by a friend of mine, Rene. There were some presentations on various things. The Fire play was ok, but after it was over the place smelt of burnt hair. I guess that is a variation on waxing or shaving. It looks worse than it is. I had my arm lit on fire once, it doesn't bur.....if done right. It took awhile for all the hairs to grow back :)

You have to try a lot of things at least once. I can stroke that off my list.

After the event Thelma wanted to go home. I wasn't thrilled with a ride back the the Egg (Vegreville). He said I could stay there, so I took him up on it. Besides it was a different way to ride, after midnight.

The ride was a bit cool, but that was ok. The Northern Lights were out and the sky was full of blue light flickering.

Had a beer at Thelma's and then went to sleep. sunday, woke up and had breakfast with his sister and his friend from Toronto, Anita. They are waiting to get her into a home; she will be 90 this year. We joked at breakfast. Anita is lippy, but in a good way.

I lost my iPod on Saturday. This is the iPod I bought at the Apple Store in Chicago, to replace the iPod that walked away in Nashville. I really have to link to that blog, it is a story and a half. You have things on your bucket list you have to cross off. Two of them got crossed off in Nashville. Sometimes you don't even know you have them on the list, it is just something to do.

So I am using the iPhone for music now. I have to get the mega iPod with no internet, so I can store all my music on there.

Sorry, I got distracted again. Back to life. I rode into Edmonton and went to Starbucks and wrote a story - this was the second story in two days. I may have a book of short stories soon.

Nick asked to read my book. This was a job and a half. It is on a website, I forgot the URL. So I went to the laptop to find it. The iPad automatically deletes emails after a certain period of time. I am sure there is a setting for that, but I don't know what it is. The last time I sent myself an email with the link was a year ago.

Anyway, this should be simple, right? Log onto laptop get addy and send it to Nick. The laptop was acting up from the start and firefox (the browser) was acting up too. I wound up re-booting the ACER piece of shit four times. I replaced the anti-virus software, as it was a pig and slowed down the system.

I finally found the URL, I needed the email as the site had archived my story - this may be a good thing. I sent the link to Nick, Thelma and Nick in Germany. I figured I may as well. Nick in Edmonton is an artist, maybe I can get him to give me a picture for the cover. Then I could publish it on Amazon, they have self publishing.

I have read enough books from that site, I know mine stands up as good as some of them. Have to blow your own horn, sometimes.

Before writing the story, I texted my son, as we were supposed to hang out. After I finished writing the story (about 45 minutes) he texted me back and said to come over. See writing ain't that painful.

I went and picked him up, he rode bitch on the bike. He didn't want to, but I told him I didn't want to hang out at West Edmonton Mall on a sunny day.

We went to Whyte Avenue and walked for a bit, then went to a bar for a beer. Had a Moosehead as they were on sale. We sat in the window and watched the people walk by.

We decided to go to Avengers which was playing at West Edmonton Mall. The 5:30 show was packed. As is the case, per normal, i had a freak sitting n front of me. A korean guy, about 5'4, 130 lbs. Even though threatre was packed, prima donna managed to have two seats for his massive body. At the start of the movie, he used his mass to bang the principle chair he was sitting in back hard, three times. He hit my knee dead on. I just about hit his Elvis pompadour with my bike helmet. No, I was not banging his chair. It appeared he was marking his place in the theatre. Then he started to lay across the two seats and he had his head in the crack between them. He hit my knee again. I told him to smarten the fuck up. He was good for the most part except one time near the end of the movie when he stretched out and his head cam back almost in my lap. I said to him, Really?

The movie was good, I am not sure it was that great. There was a lot of background before the plot started. IMHO

After I dropped my son off I decided to go to Subway for a sandwich before heading out with Thelma to a drag show. Long story short: I ordered, person who speaks english as a second language messed up order; manager told me i had to pay extra; i said no way; manager was adamant; i went to another Subway. There was a time when the customer was right, not the person screwing up the order.

The drag show was ok, I had some Bud Light Lime Mojito beer, they were pretty good. Near the end of the show I got warm, like sick warm. I decided to take off and go home.

Today, I got up, mowed the lawn and then headed into the city. For once the wind was blowing from the East, so it was a great ride in. Normally I am fighting a wind. Probably will be on the way home.

Have to go, biking adventures and short story ideas need to be found.


No comments:

Post a Comment