My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Sunday 13 May 2012

We made the paper

Well this is the last day of the dangerous goods course, the test is at 13:00 (practical & written). No one got hurt and we all had fun.

I have take to wearing shorts under bunker gear, it is a lot, repeat a lot cooler. The FD here lent me a helmet.

We trained on the tree yesterday, I thought it would be like the truck, but its not. The wind blows the flame all over the place. The fire looks like it is trapped in a snow globe. The attack line has water between firefighter and flame, the safety line (closest in picture) doesn't. It is hot.

We made the paper!

After the training was over we went for supper and then some line walking, like tight rope. It was pretty difficult, I tried it wiped out and then just took pics.

The guys were bs'ing. One started to talk about running Marathons. I asked if he had ever run one, he said no, but his mom is training to run one. This guy knows everything. He comes out with 'When you are training, you are not supposed to run on pavement or cement, it is too hard on your knees.'

I asked where you are supposed to run, he said anywhere but concrete or pavement. I asked about the marathon itself. He said that was ok. I said sarcastically good, I'd have to have to tell Vancouver & Edmonton they were doing it wrong. The face that I had run two marathons and 21 half marathons didn't seem to have any weight. I love 21 years olds.

I hate that when I am right and I know that I am right that I can't correct a person that is wrong. Three guys now think he is a guru. Knees were not what ended my marathon running, it was my back, besides I had run two and got the t-shirt.

We studied and watched youtube videos from the site Fail last night. What people will do where there is a video camera running.

Went to bed watching Weekend, Netflix finally worked. I made it half and hour into the movie and was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment