My Ride

My Ride
Glacier National Park

Saturday 19 May 2012

I'm still around

Comme ci, comme ca week at work. I was off three days and worked two.

Tuesday was an unplanned day off, I basically slept all day. I got up to go to a meeting, which was cancelled. If I had known before getting up, I would have stayed in bed all day. I figure I hit the real bottom this time. I was afraid to go in the garage, as that is where I was leaning on doing it.

Wednesday night I was at a friend's place to install signal lights to replace the replacement lights on the bike. They keep breaking. This time I bought steel ones. We got them installed and the damned things didn't work! I said I'd see the bike place I bought them at on Thursday, when I went to city.

Things got way better on Thursday, I don'y know what happened. I went to a presentation for funds allocation for charities. We collect money in the Fire Department, had to know what we could spend it on.

I went to Canadian Tire to buy some other bulbs for the signal lights. I tried them, they didn't work. We determined with a voltmeter that there was power all the way up to the bulbs, why they weren't lighting?????

At the bike store the sales assistant was kind of flippant, sort of what do you want me to do about it. The manager was better. They sold these lights, we tried bulbs from another set. They didn't work, then another same thing. I tried the bulbs from Canadian tire, they were incandescent as opposed to LED, they worked. The bike store is going to find me some LED lights.

After bike store I went to Woody's, Thelma was there. He called me over. He asked where I had been, I told him. then I said the last text I sent to him went unanswered. Anyway, we made plans to hang out this weekend.

When I was headed back to Vegreville I got a text to go for Wings with some other friends. I did. We talked for a long time.

I was beginning to wonder what was going on. It was almost like a correction in my life, suddenly the aloneness was addressed.

So anyway, today I came into the city, the long way. It was a good ride, not very warm out, but not cold. I tried to get a place at two Starbuck's to no avail. Finally I got a place at the third, the busiest one in the city - Whyte Avenue. Lots of eye candy.

Nick, texted me unexpectedly and said that we had a picture in a magazine. I had to go get one. it is a good picture of him....I am going to burn all the pics of me ha ha

So anyway, I posted the pic, not cause I am vain. I am glad I am blogging this as it shows the pattern. When it rains it pours, but when it is dry, it is real dry.

I read a really good book - Sugar Baby Bridge - Brett Stout. It is a bout a Marine who is on terminal leave. He is at a gay bar in San Francisco. He gets picked up by a wealthy guy and spends a week with him. The character development is incredible. For about half the book I really identified with the main character, then we go to know too much about him. I differ from him a lot. I have had the opportunity to have met guys like the guy he went out with. It was amazing how similar the marine's experience was to mine.

The book was published in 2008 and there is a snippet of his next book. This was supposed to be published in 2008 or 09. It still hasn't been published.

I think he fell in love with his lead character, just like I did with the one in my book. Several attempts at writing a second book have failed. But I may get er done.

Well off now, to ride around city.

No comments:

Post a Comment